I think I have a water leak, what should I do?

The homeowner is responsible for the pipes within the house, as well as the water service line from the house to the water meter box. If you think you have a leak you may request a leak investigation. You may contact our office at 804-561-4565. If you see water coming out of the ground near your water meter box please call our office at 804-561-4565. If during non-business hours, please call 804-561-2118; this is the non-emergency number for the Sheriff's office.

We will investigate this at no charge to you.

Show All Answers

1. My water is cloudy and is milky colored. What should I do?
2. My water has a reddish tint. What should I do?
3. The reddish water caused a load of clothes to be discolored. What should I do?
4. I think I have a water leak, what should I do?
5. What is the best way to turn the water off at my house in an emergency or for repairs? How?
6. Whom should I call if I notice water running down the street?
7. Can I paint the fire hydrant near my home to make it more decorative?
8. There are colored paint marks in the grass and on the road in my neighborhood. What does this mean?
9. There is an Amelia County crew working in my neighborhood. They have cut and removed the roadway surface, but they are not digging. Why aren't they finishing the job?
10. Sewage is backing up into my basement, who should I call or what should I do?
11. What can I do to prevent sewer back ups?