TIME AND PLACE OF MEETINGS
Regular meetings of the Board of Supervisors are held in the Amelia County General District Court on the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Workshops are held in the Amelia County Administration Building Conference Room. All meetings of the Board of Supervisors (except for closed sessions) are open to the public.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
- Anyone wishing to speak at a Board of Supervisors meeting is encouraged, whenever practicable, to provide the County Administrator with a written summary of their comments prior to their appearance before the Board of Supervisors.
- If the speaker cannot provide such written comments prior to the Board Meeting, he/she is encouraged to provide a written summary before or after their presentation/comments to the Board, whenever practicable.
- All speakers must give their name and address or sign in to speak.
- All comments must be made at the podium or as directed by the Chairman.
- For the Public record before you speak, clearly state your name and address.
- Please limit speaking time to a maximum of three (3) minutes, unless otherwise directed by the Chairman.
- Please direct all comments and/or questions to the chairman of the Board, unless otherwise directed.
- Speakers may speak once during a specific hearing unless otherwise directed by the Chairman of the Board.
- Please be respectful of speakers at all times and allow all opinions to be expressed in a tolerant and calm atmosphere
- Speakers may be answered in the Board Comment Period or by Staff at a later date.