- A completed Building Permit Application.
- Contractors must furnish a copy of their valid Virginia Contractors License.
- Applicants not required by law to be licensed as contractors must submit a written statement, supported by an affidavit, that he/she is not subject to licensure as a contractor, subcontractor or owner-developer. This statement may be obtained from the Building Inspector's Office or by clicking on the link provided in the download section of this page. If the building will use a private sewage disposal system and/or a private water source, a completed Commonwealth of VA Application for Sewage Disposal and/or Water Supply Permit shall be submitted with the Building Permit application. If the Sewage disposal and/or Water Supply permit has already been filed with the Health Department, simply fill in the Health Permit number on the Building Permit Application.
- Deed (If property owned less than two (2) years.
- Two sets of plans and specifications must accompany every building permit application.
- One recorded plat showing the location of the proposed structure on the lot with all setbacks dimensioned.
- Signature on shrink/swell form.
- Signature on erosion and sediment control form.
MOBILE HOMES (In addition to the requirements for all permits):
- Year of mobile home (must be 1976 or newer) proof required