COUNTY LEASH LAW
Amelia County does not have a countywide leash law. However under Article II, Sec. 2.2 of the Amelia County Animal Control Ordinance, a leash law is in effect for the following areas of the County:
- Genito Mills Estates, Section A, Plat Book Number 3, Pages 249, 250 and 251 - Date of Recordation: April 14, 1970
- Genito Mills Estates, Section B, Plat Book Number 4, Pages 54, 55 and 56 - Date of Recordation: February 1, 1973
- Winterham Place Subdivision, Section 1, Plat Cabinet B, Slide 21 - Date of Recordation: November 20, 1996
- Winterham Place Subdivision, Section 2, Plat Cabinet B, Slide 66 - Date of Recordation: August 31, 1990, Amended November 20, 1996
- Amelia Courthouse Village Area, Within the boundaries of the Amelia Courthouse Village Area to include a 200 foot buffer along the outer perimeter of said boundary and along both sides of all identified streets as depicted on the attached map.